This year’s banquet and excursion will be held on April 3rd at the San Jose Tech Museum!!
As described in the about section of their Official Website, the mission of the tech museum is to “…engage people of all ages and backgrounds in science and technology experiences that educate, inform, provoke thought, and inspire action. The Tech Museum does this through content and programs featuring “The Spirit of Silicon Valley” inspiring people, inventions and mind-set that continues to make this region the leading source of science and technology innovation.”
- Hundreds of exhibits, 97% of which are original or custom made
- Host of annual traveling exhibitions like “BODY WORLDS 2 and The Three Pound Gem” and “Leonardo: 500 Years into the Future“, Star Trek: The Exhibition, and many more.
- Online exhibits and activities
- Hands-on exhibits explore genetics with our partners from the Department of Genetics at Stanford University, space exploration with NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope, clean energy, biotechnology and other sciences
- New galleries include: The Tech Silicon Valley Innovation Gallery, The Tech Challenge Gallery, The Tech Virtual Test Zone, and The Tech Awards Gallery
- Popular exhibits and galleries include: Genetics: Technology with a Twist; Exploration, Earthquake platform, Jet Pack Simulator and Invention at Play
- Home of The Spirit of American Innovation, an exhibit about the National Medal of Technology, the nation’s highest honor for technological innovation
Other Events on the Calendar Of Events
- Visit SanJose.com for Calendar of Events
- Events such as…
- Cirque du Soleil “Totem”
- “Bach & Beethoven” – Symphony Silicon Valley at the beautifully restored California Theatre, in walking distance from the hotel
- “God of Carnage” at the San Jose Rep – also walking distance
- … and more